Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baking Machine

Holidays are here and baking is underway.  I am not a fan of baking, however, I become some kind of crazy baker around Christmas.  I spent a few hours today making some delicious treats.

Number 1: We have Chocolate  Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

I'm no baking genius....just boxed brownie mix...add some peanut butter chips and cut up some mini peanut butter cups to plop on top.  Quick, easy, and so good!!

Number 2: Chocolate Peppermint Grahams

Chocolate graham crackers dipped in melted dark chocolate topped with crushed candy canes.  If you are like me and enjoy peppermint flavor, ass half a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the chocolate.  Refrigerate!

Number 3: Oreo Balls
Thank you Sue Manning for introducing me to these a few years ago.  Crushed up mint Oreo cookies mixed with cream cheese rolled around in dark chocolate.  Refrigeration is important...make sure the cookie mixture if firm before you dip them in chocolate.   Also remember to refrigerate them after you make them.

And finally, Number 4:  Butterscotch Treats
Bottom layer consists of powdered sugar, butter, peanut butter and chocolate wafers....butterscotch mixture is then drizzled over that (just butterscotch chips and whipping cream melted together then spooned over mixture)....top with nuts of choice and refrigerate.  These were picked my my roommate who is going to a little party tomorrow.  They are VERY tasty.

I hope you are all enjoying your holiday season so far!!  More to come!

xoxo

"Food is our common ground, a universal experience."
James Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment