Wednesday, November 16, 2011

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

"Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have."

It's amazing how a couple cups of coffee, some good music, and a dog by your side can spark up some appreciation in your mind.  This is not another preacher blog I promise.  The little things in life have become the larger things lately and it is a wonderful thing.  



Chocolate peppermint coffee this morning.  Delish.  Thank you World Market.  iTunes on shuffle, Maguire by my side, and every now and then the sun shines through the clouds just to say "hey, I'm here just hiding".  I've been thinking a lot this morning about the next couple of months and what they may have in store for me.  So let's break it down...

November:
  • Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday to see Amy and Scott get married.  Will also be seeing my aunt and uncle whom I haven't seen since July.
  • Next Wednesday mom and dad will be here for Thanksgiving.  Haven't seen them since August and I am stoked.  Also, will be getting my little car back and saying adios to the gas guzzler.
  • Interviews and more interviews.  Something has got to come my way!  (Keep fingers crossed please!)
December:
  • Philly during the first week for Amy and Scott's reception.  Lots of family will be attending and I am so excited to spend the weekend with all of them.
  • Christmas trip back north.  I miss my friends and family, dog and cats, New England scenery and smells, and even the drivers.
  • I hope to be working by December!!
January:
(we will wait on this one....but the numbers 2 and 9 are calling out loud and clear, unfortunately)

I am very excited to visit home.  I want to apologize in advance if I don't get to see everyone this trip though.  I am going to do my best!!  A few plans that are in store include: blueberry beer and nachos, Greenwood Christmas Eve, Greek Christmas, cape visit, seeing the little munchkins, and spending some quality time and good laughs with the loves of my life...family and friends.  PLEASE be snow!!!!

With so many wonderful things to look forward to it's hard to focus on the "downers" that are in your life.  And, it's not worth it.  I could be miserable, pissed off, depressed, wallowing in self-pity...but when there are so many things that each day brings, why waste your time and energy on that???  I am thankful to wake up each day and enjoy my coffee, music, and fury companion!



Enjoy this day, and each and every day you are given to enjoy!  Remember, every moment should be appreciated because that is a moment you can never get back!

Love you all!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment